Book the Kevin Cook Boardroom now for a more intimate and private meeting or training event. You’ll have direct access to a private garden, your own kitchen and private bathroom, as well as an intimate, newly renovated meeting room of area 17.3 m2.
This boardroom is named after Kevin "Cookie" Cook, the first Indigenous head of Tranby and the first elected Chairperson of the New South Wales Aboriginal Land Council. He was a pioneer unionist, educator, land rights campaigner, cultural activist and advocate for liberation movements. Under Cookie's direction, Tranby became the meeting point for many worldwide activists, a centre for groups campaigning for Aboriginal rights and a hub to share experiences for the benefit of Aboriginal communities.
This is the only place inside the campus where you are can truly appreciate the Friendship Garden. This peaceful place was originally created in 2007 by Tranby students for students, and was recently re-invigorated in October 2016 as a community garden space with beautiful native plants, in memory of those that are no longer with us. This is a beautiful, quiet space for reflection.
- Capacity: 16 seated
- Plenty of space for meetings, training events, or to be used as a collaboration space
- Modern table and comfortable chairs
- Striking feature wall
- Heating and air conditioning
- Views of our memorial Friendship Garden
- Free WiFi internet
- Smart board
- Polycom available
- Mounted screen
- Private bathroom
- Private well-equipped modern kitchenette with coffee machine, microwave, fridge & crockery
- Private access to veranda and gardens
- Access to a relaxed dining room
- Full Day $550
- Half Day $275